Thursday, December 11, 2008

3D Modeling: PanzerKampfwagen VI : Tiger I (1)

So I enter the CGTalk Hardcore Modeling Contest. It is called "Cutaway" and the idea is to model something mechanical with all the parts on its interior and present it as a cutaway image, as the title says.

I went a little bit crazy and chose a model a little bit complicated, one of the greatest tanks of all
times, the German Legend: PanzerKampfwagen VI : Tiger I.

Here are some images that I will use as reference:



I started the modeling already, with the general shapes of the tank body and turret. I will keep working on it tonight, but here is what I have so far:

Reference planes:

Basic form of the turret:

Turret interior:

Main body + Turret:


Hope you guys like it. Any advice, commentaries or questions are more than appreciated.

David Larrea (Capi) --Senseicapi--

No comments: